Iope, Korea's first cos-medical brand is an anti-aging line targeted toward women in their late 20s, and is one under Amore Pacific's wide umbrella of products. It is not as broadly distributed outside Korea like Etude House, Laneige, and Sulwhasoo are. I got this sample tube of Iope Moisture Skin Cleansing Foam from a massive Laneige haul from Korea two years ago (thank you, S).
It comes in soft, smooth white tube with a blue screw-cap cover. (The full-sized product looks like it has a flip-top cover.) The design emphasizes simplicity and a dermatological/clinical approach.
The opening is small and allows controlled dispensing of product. I use this as a nighttime cleanser. The white thick, creamy product cleanses my skin well even without using an oil-based cleansing product beforehand. On a make-up free face (only sunscreen), this does a good job, but it won't be enough with full makeup on. The first time I used this, I saw a brightening effect after patting my face dry. This glow doesn't come all the time anymore since I started using it as an everyday cleanser. I get the brightening perk two out of ten times these days (not sure what activates it). In any case, it only lasts only about two minutes if it does happen. My face feels squeaky clean without the drying feeling after use. The amount of product is also important; one has to find his/her ideal. I used too little once and it didn't clean my face properly. But whenever I hit the right amount, it lathers satisfyingly (with some water) and cleanses great.
I would recommend this as a follow-up cleanser for those who want to double cleanse, and it's also good as a daily/nightly one-step cleanser for face with only sunscreen and skincare products, but NOT with makeup (it won't be enough on its own).
No comments:
Post a Comment